KDevelop maintainership

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 5 18:40:43 UTC 2010

I'm using KDevelop4 at work right now as my only IDE, and I'm also
still planning to do some changes on it, but those changes probably
won't be as large as those in the past, and I guess I will be mainly
interested in keeping things running in future, apart from a small new
feature here and there.

I'd be willing to take the technical maintainership role, however my
time is limited, so I wouldn't be able to review every single
review-request or every bug-report.

Given the lack of developers, my main goal as maintainer would be
making KDevelop more stable, and keeping it compact and maintainable.
There doesn't need to be a plugin-in for everything, but there needs
to be a simple way to integrate and use well-maintained external
utilities to achieve the job (for example through better konsole
integration). The "extremely simple to use" niche is taken by
qt-creator anyway, so we'd go for flexibility.

Greetings, David