KDevelop4 debug launch quirks

Manoj Rajagopalan rmanoj at umich.edu
Fri Jan 29 14:24:06 UTC 2010

Hi all,

   This is from a build of KDevelop from last night's svn update. I'm working
on KUbuntu 9.10 / i686.

   I have this really simple C++ hello-world program and I set a breakpoint on
the cout line. I configure the debug launch to use GDB (appears as a
sub-element of the New Native Application launch) and select this launch from
the Configure Launches menu item in the Run menu.

   When I press F9 or click the Debug Launch item from the Run menu, sometimes
Debug tab is raised but nothing else happens. On the other hand, from the
Projects panel on the left, if I right-click my hello_world project and
select Debug As ... -> Native Application from the popup menu, I am able to
debug: hello_world.cpp shows up and an arrow sits on top of my breakpoint
icon.

   What is it that I have missed in not being able to run the Debug Launch in
a simple manner?

   Also, I'm sending this email to the developer list. Should I be sending
this to the user list (also)?

Thanks,
Manoj