Problems with new session support

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 27 23:28:07 UTC 2010

On 27.01.10 23:35:45, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 27 Januar 2010 23:20:37 schrieben Sie:
> > > Not to mention that sessions are only stored persistently once I
> > > opened a project, so its not possible to do:
> > >
> > > new session
> > > rename
> > > new session
> > > rename
> > > new session
> > > rename
> > >
> > > Instead in each session I also have to open a project and wait until its
> > > open.
> >
> > Wrong, empty sessions are only deleted if they are unnamed. Once you give
> >  them a name they are persistent. For example, I have one empty session
> >  called "empty" for testing smaller stuff.
>
> About this one, maybe we should also simply show a dialog when closing an
> empty project-less session with open documents, something like "The current
> session with X open documents is empty and unnamed, it will be deleted unless
> you give it a name." -> "Delete Session" | "Name Session".

Hmm, this could be a double-edged sword for users that regularly start a
new session to edit a file or two and then want to drop it. I do like
the idea though, so we could try it out and wait for the user feedback
to decide wether to keep it, drop it or make it "disablable".

It was all so different before everything changed.