Problems with new session support

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 27 21:22:29 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch 27 Januar 2010 18:36:48 schrieb Milian Wolff:
> And for that I would need to start every single one of my sessions, just to
> give them a name. This totally blows imo... I'd like to have the old dialog
> back...
I think the old session management dialog was simply one dialog too much.
"Opening" a session means simply clicking it, what is so hard about that? Also
the old dialog didn't work right. It couldn't deal with multiple sessions of
the same name, it didn't show the contained projects, etc. etc.

> And note: I have nearly always more than one KDevelop instance running
>  (with different sessions of course) and this also is utterly unsupported
>  right now. Having the --sessions switch will help, but I'd still like to
>  see a way to start a session from inside KDevelop without it automatically
>  closing my last instance!

Multiple running KDevelop instances are another good reason to not allow
deleting or renaming a not-active session: It might be active in another
KDevelop instance, so you should better leave it alone.

If you like you can add a "Start Additional Session" button to the session
menu, then you could spawn another kdevelop instance.

Greetings, David