GSoC again

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Jan 27 21:18:11 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 27 January 2010 19:37:38 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just announced on the -soc lists, Google will again do a SoC. This year
> with apparently slightly changed timelines:
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-discuss/browse_thread/
> thread/d839c0b02ac15b3f
>
> So we need to find out wether
>
> a) we want to participate
> b) we can participate (i.e. who would mentor)
> c) what project ideas we have

Generally speaking: I want to participate. But as a student, not as a mentor -
if possible :)

I'd probably take anything I'm at least vaguely interested in, e.g. VCS
support (esp. for Git). But what would be even more interesting to me would
probably be one of:

- get a first working (minimal) Quanta up and running, mostly with the existing
PHP + CSS support. I.e. removing everything half-finished from the port and get
something very similar to KDevelop, just with a polished UI for webdevelopment

- get started with community integration:

  a) kdevelop start-page as proposed by leinir
  b) project overview-page as proposed by me some months ago
  c) plugins for the project page e.g. recent commits, bug feed, ...

- start ECMAScript support plugin

- start MySQL support plugin

- help with the XML/HTML support plugin

--