more ui polishing: working sets

Sam S. smls75 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 16:20:39 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
[...]
>> > - can we decrease the font size here?
>>
>> What do you mean? The default font size looks nice to me...
>> One way to reduce the vertical size of the tooltips would be to
>> implement point IV. iii. 2. of the proposal... :-)
>
> That's true, lets see whether I come around to implement that. The thing I
> don't like with hover is that you don't directly see which files are opened and
> which not (in the current set). But this could be done with background colors
> or something like that...

That's what I put in the point
  IV. iii. 2. 2.: "use grey text for files not currently open in the
current working set
for ;-)... (I realise I didn't make this very clear in the mockups though.)

Btw: In the tooltip for the *current* working set, when you click the
little "remove" button for a file, the file still remains in the list
and can be re-added with a second click... Is that a functionality
that anyone actually finds useful? If not (and I couldn't really image
why one would), this should probably be changed to make the file entry
actually disappear when clicking that button. (Because it has been
removed from the current working set, and that list is supposed to
reflect the contents of the current working set. For reopening files,
there is always File >> Open Recent.)