Introducing htmlComment() // Where do I see ItemSelected / html(shorten = true)?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Jan 20 13:35:05 UTC 2010

Hey all!

I want to add a

virtual void htmlComment();

to AbstractDeclarationNavigationWidget. The purpose of that function will be
adding the declaration's comment to the HTML. Currently this is buried
somewhere in the pretty confusing (imo) ::html() method. The advantage of
pushing it into it's own method will be, that I can add some language specific
stuff, i.e. PHP Doc. I want to support e.g. {@link methodName} and to a
typelink for that. Same for @see.

Given that at least @see is also supported in Doxygen, I will probably push
that into the default implementation. But since I also want to do some other
processing of the outputs, having it a virtual makes sense to me.

Now while I was looking at the sources, I saw that, depending on whether
html(shorten=true) or html(shorten=false) was called, the comment is added at
a different place. I have no idea how I can test html(shorten=false), I saw
that it is used in shortDescription /
Cpp::NormalDeclarationCompletionItem::Data() with
role=CodeCompletionModel::ItemSelected...

So how can I test the short version? Where can I see it currently in the GUI?
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de
http://milianw.de