more ui polishing: working sets

Sam S. smls75 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 15:22:19 UTC 2010

Milian Wolff, Jan 16, 2010:
> Niko Sams, 16.01.2010:
>> [...]
>> One suggestion from me: The user should have a possibility to give
>> a workingset a title. However this should be completely optional.
>
> I thought about giving the workingsets sequential titles like in the mockup,
> while giving the user the opportunity to change it by clicking on the title in
> the popup which would turn it into a lineedit with on-the-fly saving, just like
> we know it from e.g. Ajax apps.

I don't know if there's much need for custom working set titles, but
if you want them, then I think yes, this would be a nice way to
implement it. However, make sure you put in some way for users to
discover this functionality, like drawing a box outline around the
title when the mouse is moved over it or something.

Another idea would be to make editing of the title completely
'inline': Just draw the title as an invisible QLineEdit (that is,
transparent frame and background - is that actually possible?) instead
of a QLabel... No need for an extra click then! People will notice the
editing functionality because the mouse will change into a
text-editing-cursor when moved over the title. Or would that be too
unusual/confusing?