extragear/sdk/kdevplatform

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jan 16 21:46:03 UTC 2010

On 16.01.10 22:29:37, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat, 16.01.2010:
> > On 16.01.10 21:08:24, David Nolden wrote:
> > > SVN commit 1075828 by zwabel:
> > >
> > > - Don't show "Open Project"-like actions when right-clicking arbitrary
> > > items like files in the project-tree. Those actions simply don't fit
> > > into that context, and made the context-menu have 15 entries..
> >
> > This was on purpose. It makes total sense to have "Open Project"
> > in the context menu in the project menu. Especially if the tree is open
> > its close to impossible to find an empty place to right-click in.
>
> As I said to you: I was initially against that as well. And imo this is far
> better than the confusing order at the bottom.

The order of things is totally unrelated. Thats a separate problem that
needs to be tackled too.

> And as David said: these items make no sense at all for buildset
> items! So I'm with David here.

Then why are they in the context menu for a buildset item? Maybe those
should have a separate context so plugins can differ between that.

For the project treeview it makes IMHO complete sense to always be able
to open a project or create a new one, I can do that in any other IDE
I've used so far too.

> If one wants to open a project otherwise, simply use the menu... The context
> menu should be related to the item(s) under the cursor!

Then why is there a context menu when no item is under the cursor?
There's no proper context in that case and everything thats in the menu
in that case can be reached by the normal project menu too.

Just to have it is enough.