To freeze or not to freeze?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Jan 16 21:25:05 UTC 2010

David Nolden, 16.01.2010:
> Am Samstag 16 Januar 2010 20:57:14 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > So apparently people are happy with freezing. That would mean complete
> > feature freeze in a bit above 2 weeks (if my calendar is correct). I'll
> > announce it on monday on the list (unless someone objects)
>
> A total feature freeze in 2 weeks is ok, but only if UI tweaks, like making
> stuff more consistent or renaming it, are not put into the "feature"
> category.

Yes, a string freeze should not be started with this feature freeze imo, there
are potentially many places where one would want to clarify or add things.

> Apart from that, there is 2 important mini-features I think that are still
> missing:
> - Path-specific source-formatter settings (you wanted to work on it this
> weekend, so might not be a problem)
> - A blacklist for project-items, so we can finally get the "*~", ".bak",
> ".rej" etc. crap out of quickopen and the project tree.

One would probably just have to port the stuff I wrote for the genericmanager
to a base class and reuse it where appropriate.
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de
http://milianw.de