Building with Git plugin

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 08:53:41 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 07:53, Ishan Jayawardena <udeshike at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am interested in contributing to the git plugin and therefore I checked
> out a copy to one of my local directories with the command
>
> svn co
> svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/devtools/kdevelop4-extra-plugins/git
>
> Before that I have already checked out kdevelop and kdevplatform into my
> HOME/src and built it succesfully and now I want to know how to build
> Kdevelop with this new plugin code. Where should I put this directory( i.e
> git ) in my HOME/src/kdevelop directory?
You must build the git plugin standalone.
(Note: you must increase X-KDevelop-Version to 8 in kdevgit.desktop in order
to load the plugin)

> And how should I rebuild Kdevelop
> after inserting this git directory into my original kdevelop directory?
No rebuilding needed, just install the plugin into the same prefix.
(Sometimes it
is neccessary to run kbuildsycoca4 manually)

> Also I can see that there is a directory called 'tests' inside 'git' and I assume
> it includes code to test git plugin. Am I correct? How can I test git plugin
> with that code?
afaics a QTest executable tests/kdevgit-test is built - you can
execute that directly.
However the tests fail for me.

Niko