UI polishing: config dialogs

Sam S. smls75 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 17:27:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> [...]
> [...]
>> >
>> > Thats too long. The text needs to be relatively short (its already 2
>> > lines) so the layout doesn't make the lineedit too small.
>>
>> Not a problem if it is moved to the "Background Pareser" page... ;-)
>
> Still would be a problem, as that page also has a 2 column layout
> (except that someone forgot to set it properly).

Ok... What about "Parse all files of open projects" then? It's short,
and together with the informational text for the "Background Parser"
page I suggested in my last email, this should make it quite clear
what this option does.

>> > Added as "Adds a kate modeline to the file when formatting it".
>>
>> Maybe expand this to:
>>
>> "Adds a Kate modeline to the file when formatting it.
>
> Thats too much for a tooltip. Thats whatsthis info IMHO.

Yes, you're probably right about that.

Btw, I've found two more things in the KDevelop settings dialog:

 - "KDevClassBrowser" plugin should just read "Class Browser" in the
plugins list
    (Note: the two plugins you've renamed already - namely Qt and
Cmake documantation -  now don't show an icon anymore in that plugin
list, maybe forgot to update the name there somewhere?)

 - now that there seems to be a "Project" oxygen icon, this could be
used for the "Projects" configurations page