UI polishing: config dialogs

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jan 1 22:41:32 UTC 2010

On 01.01.10 17:47:37, Sam S. wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > [...]
> >>          - "*Schedule all project files for parsing*" checkbox
> >>             - should be moved to "Background Parser" page
> >
> > Why?
>
> Short answer: because that's where one would look for it.

Thanks (for the long answer especially). While technically its not the
background parser doing the addition of files, I guess thats not very
important to the user :)

> >>             - should be given a more descriptive caption, e.g.
> >>             "Automatically start parsing all files belonging to open projects"
> >
> > Thats too long. The text needs to be relatively short (its already 2
> > lines) so the layout doesn't make the lineedit too small.
>
> Not a problem if it is moved to the "Background Pareser" page... ;-)

Still would be a problem, as that page also has a 2 column layout
(except that someone forgot to set it properly).

> >> [...]
> >>          - "*Add Kate modelines*" checkbox could use explanatory tooltip
> >
> > Added as "Adds a kate modeline to the file when formatting it".
>
> Maybe expand this to:
>
> "Adds a Kate modeline to the file when formatting it.

Thats too much for a tooltip. Thats whatsthis info IMHO.

You will be the victim of a bizarre joke.