Git Import

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Feb 27 11:16:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've played a bit with the git import of kdevelop's svn. Seems to work
relatively well (trunk import of kdevelop+kdevplatform took about 3-4
hours). But the problematic part is find all branches we want to
convert. So I'd like everybody to think about where branches of KDevelop
may be in KDE's svn. Obvious places are:

branches/kdevelop/
branches/KDE/*/kdevelop

But maybe someone is aware of branches elsewhere that should also be
converted?

One more problem: The history I've seen so far starts with gideon, which
AFAIK led to KDevelop3. So if anybody knows where KDevelop2 was/is in
svn I'd appreciate a pointer.

I think tags won't be much of a problem, as they should either be in
tags/kdevelop/ or along with KDE releases in tags/KDE/

You will visit the Dung Pits of Glive soon.