Guidance on developing a new language plugin

Victor Vicente de Carvalho victor.v.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 12:46:57 UTC 2010

> I guess this part of the patch is ok, looks good to me. But how did you
> generate the patch, since it's in the wrong order (open it with kompare)? You
> should simply svn checkout and then svn diff -u.

That's what I've made, but I didn't used the -u option

> In the while -> for loop change the indentation is not correct, also you can
> simply pass *it to printer() and don't need the n variable at all.
>
> Other than that it looks good, you can commit.
>
>> and the second changing as little as
>> possible on code, with implies on doing some ghost flush's (and an uglier
>> output :).
>
> I guess the -ugly patch simply prints the content of the nodes? Why is the
> flushing required there, please explain.

I needed the flush because the printer object uses normal cout stream,
while qDebug has an stream for itself. So when printing the rules and
nodes not using qDebug, the output will be messed. So the flush :)

> PS: Please don't top post ;-)
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

Sorry about that. I'm fairly new to posting on mailing lists :)