Patch-review changes

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 21 16:44:23 UTC 2010

Am Sonntag 21 Februar 2010 17:07:34 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Well, I've forked the svncpp lib from rapidsvn, and the updating I did
> recently cost me 30 minutes. But I never changed their original code, I
> only added things, so that made it a lot easier. Spending an hour just
> to update to a newer version of libxyz is something that nobody will
> really do unless there's a really really important thing. If instead it
> takes only 5 minutes, somebody might do it on each patch-level release.
Which in this case is not even wanted. The "diff" file format hasn't changed
for many many years, and as long as we don't see issues in libdiff2 that are
fixed in a newer version, we simply don't need to update it. Any update just
brings the danger of new issues.

For svn that may be different as subversion is permanently evolving.