Patch-review changes

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 21 14:17:26 UTC 2010

I've tried out the changes to the patch-review now. Unfortunately, Aleix, it
_stilll:_ doesn't work properly.

I've written you an extensive (though short) list in my last email of how the
stuff is supposed to work. Unfortunately this still isn't the case.

I find this very frustrating, because I've already had the patch-review
working perfectly once, and now it seems like it's up to make to make it work
properly for a second time. I won't do this though, since you still haven't
explained to my why _exactly_ all these changes are really required. I also
don't like to run behind you all the time, the way I have to do now.

Here is a short list of stuff that obviously still doesn't work right:
- The highlighting of the changed regions. Changes are supposed to be _blue_,
only if the user has reverted something then it is supposed to be _red_. The
opposite is the case now.
- The icons on the icon-border are still broken, as well as the tooltip-text.
When something was inserted, then the tooltip-text should say "Insertion", and
the icon should be the "text-inserted" icon. When something was deleted, then
the tooltip should show the deleted text, and the icon should be the "remove"
icon. When something was replaced, then the icon should be the standard "text"
icon.

Additionally, I also got the following crash which I have never seen with the
old patch-review. It seems like the "patch" and "model" values of the patch-
review plugin aren't in sync (seems like "model" is nonzero while "patch" is
zero). This patch happens very often.

#5  QBasicAtomicInt::ref (this=0x1391)
    at /usr/include/QtCore/qatomic_x86_64.h:121
#6  0x00007fa21c2e1c8d in Diff2::DiffModel::sourcePath (
    this=<value optimized out>)
    at
/home/nolden/kdedev/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/libdiff2/diffmodel.cpp:250
#7  0x00007fa21c2c80ab in PatchReviewToolView::urlForFileModel (
    this=<value optimized out>, model=0x7efd9e0)
    at
/home/nolden/kdedev/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:462
#8  0x00007fa21c2c81ed in PatchReviewToolView::documentActivated (this=
    0x6cb6690, doc=0x3ce3400)
    at
/home/nolden/kdedev/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:556
#9  0x00007fa21c2cc4ec in PatchReviewToolView::qt_metacall (this=0x6cb6690,
_c=

All in all, I've alrady wasted far too much time with this. In half of the
time I wasted testing the patch-review changes, I could have made the old
patch-review work with git patches, which was the original motivation of this.

I hope you don't mind too much if I revert to the old patch-review now, and
take another path to make it support git patches.

Greetings, David