SmartRange revisions in ParseJobs

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Feb 19 15:18:24 UTC 2010

Hey all, esp. David:

With recent trunk you'll see that Cristoph added a warning when the
clearRevision is called from the wrong thread (the locks are apparently per-
thread else all kind of havoc could happen).

The parsejobs do useRevision in contentsAvailableFromEditor but clearRevision
in their dtor, both are in different threads (form in the background due to
backgroundparser, latter somewhere else due to signal/slot connections).

So how should we fix that properly in KDevelop? Introduce something like a
SmartRevisionLocker that does clearRevision when it gets closed down, and set
this up in the ::run() of each ParseJob? I can't see how it could be
completely hidden from the implementation of a language parsejob though...

Ideas?
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de