Menu-Structure

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Wed Feb 17 10:39:13 UTC 2010

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 17.02.10 12:07:19, Andras Mantia wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 17 February 2010, David Nolden wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, I will argue about 1 point: The Editor-menu is a waste of space?
>>> The  opposite is the case. All of the menus that it hides are a
>>> waste of space, and using this editor-menu we can reduce that waste
>>> to 1 item instead of 3 items.
>>>
>> The real solution is to integarte the katepart's menus in their right
>> place.
>> Editor-Settings-Configure Editor to Settings-Configure Editor
>> Editor-View - toplevel View (well, every IDE/editor has a View menu...)
>> Editor-Bookmarks - either toplevel or in some other menu, like under
>> View/Edit. Or maybe Navigation.
>> Editor-Tools- top level menu
>>

> No, thats the waste of space David talked about and it simply doesn't
> fit with the new structure of the menu. Editor-related actions are under
> a top-level menu called "Editor", the same way that Project-related
> actions are under the toplevel menu item "Project".
>
> Andreas

I agree that kdevelop must centralize the editor actions, as otherwise,
the toplevel menu would be crowded with kate menus.

But I would love to see that the kate part configuration pages are
integrated into the kdevelop settings dialog, as seen
in kate application. That way I think the editor configuration would be
more easy to find and you can remove that from the editor menu.

Greetings
Christoph