Menu-Structure

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 17 10:46:51 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch 17 Februar 2010 11:38:38 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> On Wednesday 17 February 2010, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > >
> > > The real solution is to integarte the katepart's menus in their
> > > right place.
> > > Editor-Settings-Configure Editor to Settings-Configure Editor
> > > Editor-View - toplevel View (well, every IDE/editor has a View
> > > menu...) Editor-Bookmarks - either toplevel or in some other menu,
> > > like under View/Edit. Or maybe Navigation.
> > > Editor-Tools- top level menu
> >
> > No, thats the waste of space David talked about and it simply doesn't
> > fit with the new structure of the menu. Editor-related actions are
> > under a top-level menu called "Editor", the same way that
> > Project-related actions are under the toplevel menu item "Project".
>
> No,t hey aren't. Half of them are under Editor, half under Edit. And I
> could argue that Navigation has also editor specific entries.

That's already a compromise: The "Edit" entry is kept on top-level so that the
overall structure is still recognizable ("File Edit").

Also, alone the "Edit" name of the menu is enouigh of context to make its
contents make sense.

But we don't need to show every random kate menu at top-level.

Greetings, David