Menu-Structure

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Feb 17 10:37:36 UTC 2010

On 17.02.10 11:21:29, Niko Sams wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 10:00, Vadym Krevs <vkrevs at serena.com> wrote:
> > Finally, why aren't project/session/environment settings storable in a
> > file along with the source code so they could be checked into a
> > version control system and easily shared amongst many developers?
> > Today everything gets dumped into multiple rc files under .kde ...
> I think that is a valid point. However getting the user interface right for that
> is kind of hard.

We even have a bugreport open for being able to freely move settings
from session, to global, to project, to developer-specific (inside the
project). And guess what, moving something from .kdev4/foo.kdev4 to
foo.kdev4 in your foo project will work just fine, you just have to do
it manually with a text editor right now.

A tall, dark stranger will have more fun than you.