Menu-Structure

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:50:38 UTC 2010

Sorry, but your entire point seems to be that you're "The User" and noone else
is, although this mailing list is full of users (I am one, and everyone else
who participated in this discussion is as well).

Your opinon is heard, but this useless rant didn't help to underline any
problem specifically.

No IDE is perfect, and neither will be KDevelop. Some of the things you
mentioned are design-decisions that had to be done based on some tradeoff.
Others are either little bugs, or things that may still change at any point in
time, and it's beyond my why you send them to us in a huge list.

Your most common argument seems to be "Every other IDE", and that's an
argument I'm not interested in. The path of lowest resistance is not always
the best one. Either tell us _why_ the alternative is better, or you don't
need to tell it at all.

Ok, I will argue about 1 point: The Editor-menu is a waste of space? The
opposite is the case. All of the menus that it hides are a waste of space, and
using this editor-menu we can reduce that waste to 1 item instead of 3 items.

Greetings, David