Kate inline widgets (Was: Start of the Sprint)

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Sat Feb 13 11:20:27 UTC 2010

On Saturday 13 February 2010 13:59:06 Milian Wolff wrote:

> Vladimir Prus, 13.02.2010:
> > On Saturday 13 February 2010 01:33:34 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > > Hey all!
> > >
> > > Just to make sure: I'll await you all tomorrow (except for ehamberg) at
> > > **the flat**. So see how you get there, directions etc. can be found
> > > here:
> > >
> > > http://techbase.kde.org/Sprints/Kate-KDevelop-2010
> >
> > I hope you folks have fun there. I have one question. Probably some of you
> > saw a prior prototype screenshot of code to show error message from
> > compiler inside the source. See:
> >
> > 	http://vladimir_prus.blogspot.com/2009/05/kdevelop-error-display-and-
> bread
> > crumbs.html
> >
> > It's not yet in SVN, because it requires Kate patch, and we were not able
> > to fully iron out all bugs. Is there any chance any Kate hacker will be
> > interested in helping with this during the sprint? If so, I will update
> > and send the current patch.
>
> A current patch would be good, that way we can see how much hacking it is and
> what it would require.

Ok, I'll update and sent it.

> But imo the current way with the popups (see problem solver e.g.) is good as
> well imo. Maybe we don't need this after all?

You mean, a popup that appears when you select something in the "Problems" view?
Well, my goal is to make the "Problems" view unnecessary completely. By showing
the first error inline, you no longer need to manually click in a separate window.

Or have I misunderstood you?

- Volodya