Release Plan

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Feb 10 21:32:30 UTC 2010

Hi,

as we're closing in (finally) on the 4.0 release, I'd like to make some
more dates fixed so people can adjust to them and more importantly we
have a place to point people to who ask "when is 4.0 going to be
released". As I said before we won't be freezing for the upcoming
development sprint, but I'd like to freeze shortly thereafter for
features. I propose the following schedule:

March 1st  - Feature Freeze, no feature-commits, only bugfixes.
            i18n-changes related to spelling mistakes or bugfixes are ok
March 3rd  - Tag and Tarball/Upload Beta9, last beta of KDevelop4.0
March 5th  - Release Beta9 with official announcement on the dot,
             including a short sketch of the final release
March 31st - i18n Freeze and Tagging of RC1
April 3rd  - RC1 release date
April 14th - Tag and Release RC2 (no big announcement)
April 28th - Tag Final
May 1st    - Release 4.0.0 + kdevplatform 1.0.0

Opinions? Objections? Unless I hear somebody screaming about this until
Feb. 21st I'll put this up on our wiki or techbase (not sure which is
better) and will let release-team and i18n-team know about.

The time is right to make new friends.