Reminder: Beta8 freeze in about a week

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Feb 6 13:55:08 UTC 2010

On 06.02.10 12:30:53, Niko Sams wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 20:47, Niko Sams <niko.sams at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 19:31, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> just a reminder that we'll freeze in a bit more than a week, on Feb. 5th
> >> for Beta8. So if you want to add a certain feature for that version, add
> >> it soon.
> >>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to release a first beta for the xdebug debugger.
> > - should there be some review by someone before a release?
> > - xdebug depends on executescript and executebrowser plugins, how
> > should all those be released? (an individual release for each of
> > them?)
> > - it even has a build dependency on executescript and executebrowser,
> > where should this be noted?
> >
> Now that we will have the release soon - Andreas, could you comment on this?

Sorry, forgot about it :)

If you want to move any plugins to extragear they should at least
formally be provided for review (i.e. move to kdereview for 2 weeks). So
thats out of the question for beta8. However I don't see a problem
releasing them from playground.

As we're releasing kdevplatform and kdevelop separately I don't see a
reason to do something else for xdebug and its deps. However for
packagers a note in the README file would be good and let me know the
dependency chain too so I can include it in the mail to the
kde-packagers list as well.

Then all you have to do is tag the plugins and create a tarball from the
tag. Name of the tarball and extracted directory should be something
like kdevelop-<plugin>-<version>. To get a clean dir to tar you can use
svn export.

Let me know if anything is unclear still.

You attempt things that you do not even plan because of your extreme stupidity.