Request for review: Okteta plugin 0.1.0 for KDevelop 4.0

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Aug 26 00:19:41 UTC 2010

Jeudi, le 26 août 2010, à 02:05, Andreas Pakulat a écrit:
> On 25.08.10 21:48:02, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Mardi, le 24 août 2010, à 20:40, Andreas Pakulat a écrit:
> > > - there's a rendering glitch for the address bar on the left of the
> > >
> > >   document view
> >
> > ? Could you help with a screenshot what you mean?
>
> Screenshot is attached.

You are not using KMail :)

> Maybe its style-related or fixed in trunk
> already? (I'm running a 3-week old trunk here currently)

Guess it's a problem with the font, seems to have bad info about width (so
calculation goes wrong). Can you try with another font?

> > > - The structures toolview seems to analyze the document from the cursor
> > >
> > >   position which was kinda un-intuitive when opening it the first time
> > >   as the structure information for my elf binary was wrong. Also it
> > >   might be good to auto-enable the elf+png stuff, took me a bit to
> > >   figure out how to get anything into the view :)
> >
> > Alex, what do you think? Andreas could have a point here.
>
> One things I thought of meanwhile are installer-bin's, i.e. a shell
> script followed by binary compressed data. In that case it would be nice
> to have the structure view show the structure from the cursor position.
>
> Also the structure info wasn't exactly wrong, it was just created from
> the current cursor position and hence didn't produce meaningful values.

Yes, but for the ELF structure the default settings should be fixed to offset
0. Is that possible already, Alex?

> > I once decided against auto-selection of everything, but it seems not
> > intuitive for some tools for some people. Will have to reconsider, if
> > there are more complains.
>
> I was about to suggest adding that info to the tooltip but now I see its
> already there. One option at least for the string-toolview would be to
> have a widget on top of the itemview that says something like 'please
> select a range' which is auto-hidden once a selection is made...

Good idea, will see to implement something like that sometimes.

> > Who would do the import into the kdevelop git repo? Would be nice it
> > history could be preserved...
>
> As I still have an rsync of KDE's svn I could probably do that. I'll
> sync that up over the weekend and start working on conversion rules

Great, thanks.

Good night :)
Friedrich
--