Git Support ready-ness

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sun Aug 22 18:17:09 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 11:11 PM, David Nolden <zwabel at googlemail.com>wrote:

> I have merged now and have tested the git support, there is a few
> problems that I noticed:
> - Untracked files don't appear in the list when committing. Those
> should be there, so they can be added. This used to work before your
> changes.

Yes they do, the difference is that now it follows the .git/info/exclude
patterns you have.

> - The "Export Diff..." button at the right side in the patch-review
> plugin is annoying, it is too close to the much more important
> "Commit" and "Cancel" actions. It should be somewhere at the left
> instead I think (maybe in the panel where the patch-source can be
> selected).

Ok, I'll change that.

> - While committing, the Git plugin doesn't seem to deliver _any_
> status information. This also means that I can only select items for
> committing that are part of the diff, and not untracked, deleted, or
> similar files. Did this work for you?

Status should be working now, can you please check the "Version Control"
Tool View and check if any error happened?
A good option to add would be random file adding maybe, I'm not sure.

> I would have done more testing, but got enough of kdev4 for today, as
> it always crashes somewhere within Qt when I try to use the project
> tree-view right now (hope this is just a compilation issue or
> something like that).

Yep xD let's hope so

Thanks for the testing!!
Aleix