Git Support ready-ness

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Aug 20 13:10:20 UTC 2010

On 20.08.10 14:29:26, David Nolden wrote:
> The vcs-support should allow the vcs-plugins to specify what functions
> they properly support, and only show menu-actions for those.

We already have that by having different interfaces for different groups of
actions. The stuff in IBasicVC is the absolute minimum that needs to be
available to have any kind of useful VCS support (there may be one or two
actions in there that could be moved out). The problem (well one problem)
is that Git plugin implemented not all of them or did so in the wrong way.
And there's the issue that git is radically different from most other VCS.

Fine day to work off excess energy.  Steal something heavy.