vcsjob starting to output too early

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Aug 19 01:54:10 UTC 2010

Hi!
I've been trying to put some information on the VersionControl output view
to try to be able to see what is the tool that's showing some output.

The thing is that the output is started in VcsJob constructor so we don't
have any chance to put a title into it or an object name or anything so we
don't have any chance to differentiate. I've locally moved that to depend on
the VcsJob::start (the developer who implements the support will have to
care about triggering it to show).

I'm just sending this e-mail to know if other developers agree that it's the
best solution. Another solution would be to delay the start so that we can
put a title on the constructor but I think waiting until start makes it
easier to provide a meaningful title.

Cheers!
Aleix