Request for review: Okteta plugin 0.1.0 for KDevelop 4.0

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Aug 18 22:25:27 UTC 2010

On 19.08.10 01:43:31, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Mercredi, le 18 août 2010, à 23:46, Aleix Pol a écrit:
> > On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
> > <kossebau at kde.org
> >
> > > wrote:

> > > If you increase X-KDevelop-Version to 10 in kdevokteta.desktop, it does
> > > (did
> > > two days ago at least).
> > >
> > > Just that I want to release the plugin for 4.0 first (cmp. subject). But
> > > I can
> > > just create a branch of the plugin somewhere for 4.0, no problem.
> > >
> > > Moving it to trunk/kdereview/okteta-kdevelop4-plugin right now...
> >
> > So you don't want to release together with KDevelop?
>
> Sure I want. I just assumed you would not want to also add the Okteta plugin
> to the 4.0 branch, but perhaps I was wrong?

No, 4.0 is closed for features, we can however add it to 4.1 which is
going to be released 'really soon' (I forgot the actual date but its 1.5
months or so from now).

> So would the Okteta plugin after the reviw also be added to the 4.0 branch (in
> time for 4.0.2?), or do I better do a separate (just for that branch) on my
> own?

Do it separately for a 4.0 compatible version.

> For master/4.1 I am perfectly fine with it being released/handled like all
> other stuff in kdevelop.

Given that we're currently targeting a feature freeze in about 2 weeks
(IIRC) I think we'd need to shorten the review time a little to be able
to include it. If thats ok with you of course :) (me takes a mental note
to look at the plugin on the weekend)

Be security conscious -- National defense is at stake.