About the grepview plugin (again)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Aug 18 12:05:50 UTC 2010

On 18.08.10 10:25:51, Syron wrote:
> Cheers,
>
> I have nearly completed my "research" project about removing the
> dependencies from external tools like grep, find, sed etc., and besides
> smaller bugs it is IMHO as fast as the originally involved toolchain. The
> major advantage I see in this is a better control about what the plugin does
> and that it is more error-safe.
>
> http://gitorious.org/~syron/kdevelop/syrons-kdevplatform/commits/grepview2
>
> Please give me some feedback.

Get rid of all processEvents calls, they are evil (in general, unless you
know exactly what you're doing). You've got two options from a quick look:
Use timers to schedule the individual pieces of work or move the whole
stuff into a separate thread, in which case you should follow Christoph's
advice and look at the kate code. Maybe it could even be shared by moving
it 'upwards' to kdelibs...

You will be winged by an anti-aircraft battery.