About the grepview plugin (again)

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.de
Wed Aug 18 08:34:09 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:25:51 am Syron wrote:
> Cheers,
>
> I have nearly completed my "research" project about removing the
> dependencies from external tools like grep, find, sed etc., and besides
> smaller bugs it is IMHO as fast as the originally involved toolchain. The
> major advantage I see in this is a better control about what the plugin
> does and that it is more error-safe.
>
> http://gitorious.org/~syron/kdevelop/syrons-kdevplatform/commits/grepview2
>
> Please give me some feedback.
Btw., you are aware that Kate has done that already for the findinfiles, too?
Perhaps it can give you some hints, it used since 2 releases in KDE 4 I guess
and does the whole grepping in a background thread with zero hacks like the
processEvents found in your version. (And until now zero threading problems)

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com