Request for review: Okteta plugin 0.1.0 for KDevelop 4.0

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Aug 17 23:04:32 UTC 2010

Mercredi, le 18 août 2010, à 00:00, Aleix Pol a écrit:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
> <kossebau at kde.org
>
> > wrote:
> Well, for the moment we're not relying on other libraries inside KDE.
> QtDesigner is Qt and it's fine to put it in KDevelop and we've forked
> Kompare library for patch review so it's fine.

Ah, too bad for me/Okteta, so it's the first of its kind and has to find its
own way :)

> In my opinion, having such a KDevelop extra plugins module would be a good
> thing but we would need to specify quite clearly what do we want to have
> there and in kdevelop itself and so on. For the moment, if you want to
> release ASAP just create a separate project and you can go on with that,
> when we have enough candidates we can decide to create that module.

Alright. Will then go for extragear, under sdk/okteta-kdevplatform-plugin
(hopefully will not confuse people too much, with the empty kdev* dirs next to
it), okay? Will always try to target latest release of both Okteta and
KDevelop/KDevPlatform for now during devlopment of the plugin.

Will move the plugin to kdereview tomorrow.

Any update on this?
> There is still one problem (but on KDevelop side):
> in the filesystem tool in the RMB menu all actions from plugins are added
> once more if the menu gets shown, so by the time appear x times.
> Alexander, at Akademy you said you have a fix for this, but I still see
> this with what I get if I compile the kdevplatform 1.0 and kdevelop 4.0
> branches. Strangely enough the KDevelop (1.0.0, 4.0.0) I use here on
> (K)Ubuntu does not have this problem. Will this be ixed in 4.0.2/1.0.x?
> Could I help?

Cheers
Friedrich
--