Request for review: Okteta plugin 0.1.0 for KDevelop 4.0

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Aug 17 19:28:11 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau <kossebau at kde.org
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> now that Okteta 0.5.0 is released, also all the headers for the Okteta libs
> are published for the first time, so that 3rd-party developers can make use
> of
> these libs in their software. Well, also 1st-party developers :)
>
> Thus I just gave some polish to the Okteta plugin for KDevelop 4.0 I
> started
> at the Kate-KDevelop sprint in Berlin early this year. I think it is ready
> for
> a first release now. Find it at
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/devtools/kdevelop4-extra-
> plugins/okteta/
>
> Now I wonder:
> What to do? :)
> Where (repo, folder) would the released branch of the plugin end?
> How/where do I develop the version for KDevelop 4.1?
>
> So could someone please review the code and help with adding it to the
> official plugins (if accepted as such)? Millian, at Akademy you showed
> interest to help with this, still possible? :)
>
> There is still one problem (but on KDevelop side):
> in the filesystem tool in the RMB menu all actions from plugins are added
> once
> more if the menu gets shown, so by the time appear x times. Alexander, at
> Akademy you said you have a fix for this, but I still see this with what I
> get
> if I compile the kdevplatform 1.0 and kdevelop 4.0 branches. Strangely
> enough
> the KDevelop (1.0.0, 4.0.0) I use here on (K)Ubuntu does not have this
> problem. Will this be ixed in 4.0.2/1.0.x? Could I help?
>
> Some blog blabla for more background:
>
> http://frinring.wordpress.com/2010/02/16/okteta-going-for-kdevelop-and-kate/
> http://frinring.wordpress.com/2010/07/27/akademy-development-catalysator/
>
> Cheers
> Friedrich
> --
> KDE Okteta - a simple hex editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta
>
> --

Since we don't want to have oktetalibs installed as a kdevelop dependency, I
guess the best would be that you install kdevelop support together with
Okteta and KDevelop will detect that automatically.

You can release the KDevelop plugin separately also, what would you prefer
to do?

Sounds good?
Aleix