4.1 release schedule

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Aug 17 03:26:19 UTC 2010

2010/8/17 Nicolás Alvarez <nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com>

> On 16/08/2010, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> > - do polishing and bug fixing the next two weeks. Last minute inclusion
> of
> > small new features, maybe even merge Git plugin.
> > - branch of 4.1 on 1st of September, release first beta. Feature freeze
> > - bug fixing with hopefully one beta release per week. If we don't have
> > enough
> > time/manpower to do useful stuff in one week, one release every two
> weeks.
> > - string freeze on 15th of September.
> > - first RC release on first of Oktober.
> > - 4.1 release on 15th of Oktober.
>
> Does binary compatibility freeze start on 1st of September too?
>
> --
> Nicolas
>
> --

I'd say we'll have to be BC from the 1st september, that way we can start to
do the testing for real soon enough, that would be mostly important for
plugin developers outside KDevelop though, so I'd like to hear their
thoughts on that if any.

Of course we could be flexible on that given that we're quite ABI devils
anyway.

Aleix