4.1 release schedule

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Aug 17 00:00:27 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 17 August 2010 01:39:25 Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 1:20 AM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 17 August 2010 01:17:55 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > > Hello all.
> > >
> > > I've recently had a discussion with Aleix and Andreas on IRC on how and
> > > when to do the next release.
> > >
> > > If I remember correctly, we three agreed that having a 4.1 release that
> > > works with KDE 4.4 is desirable, not least because of e.g. Debian
> >
> > Squeeze.
> >
> > > My plan for 4.1 now is the following, which I propose hereby to you.
> > >
> > > - do polishing and bug fixing the next two weeks. Last minute inclusion
> >
> > of
> >
> > > small new features, maybe even merge Git plugin.
> >
> > I've continued to discuss the Git merging with Apol while writing this
> > mail and forgot to change this paragraph.
>
> I'll give some tries to the Git support before our freeze, I think Git
> support should be in 4.1 though.
>
> > Imo we should merge Git into master after branching 4.1. Furthermore we
> > should
> > merge the Control Flow Graph plugin from Sandro.
>
> I agree. We should review the problems that forced us to hold that merge,
> it was related to unreleased kde graphviz support.

Damn, that is _still_ not released (I personally also wait for it to finally
release my Massif Visualizer). I'll bug Klaeg again...

> > As it might get a bit much together with the movingranges, I propose to
> > give
> > moving ranges a few weeks time to kill hidden bugs in it. Then merge new
> > features.
> >
> > Also I hope to release 4.2 well before KDE 4.6, as starting with 4.6 our
> > moving ranges branch is a must-have and I don't want to have another KDE
> > version without working KDevelop.
>
> KDevelop 4.2 will have to depend on 4.6 anyway so I think it should be
> around that time.

This is not true. 4.2 / moving ranges is supposed to work fine with 4.5 as
that already contains the moving ranges (in addition to the smart ranges).
It's the other way around: KDE 4.6 will _only_ work with KDevelop 4.2 (due to
its hard dependency on Moving Ranges and total drop of SmartRanges).

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de