4.1 release schedule

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Aug 16 23:20:46 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 17 August 2010 01:17:55 Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I've recently had a discussion with Aleix and Andreas on IRC on how and
> when to do the next release.
>
> If I remember correctly, we three agreed that having a 4.1 release that
> works with KDE 4.4 is desirable, not least because of e.g. Debian Squeeze.
>
> My plan for 4.1 now is the following, which I propose hereby to you.
>
> - do polishing and bug fixing the next two weeks. Last minute inclusion of
> small new features, maybe even merge Git plugin.

I've continued to discuss the Git merging with Apol while writing this mail
and forgot to change this paragraph.

Imo we should merge Git into master after branching 4.1. Furthermore we should
merge the Control Flow Graph plugin from Sandro.

As it might get a bit much together with the movingranges, I propose to give
moving ranges a few weeks time to kill hidden bugs in it. Then merge new
features.

Also I hope to release 4.2 well before KDE 4.6, as starting with 4.6 our
moving ranges branch is a must-have and I don't want to have another KDE
version without working KDevelop.

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de