Movingranges branch

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Aug 5 11:04:56 UTC 2010

On 05.08.10 12:46:10, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Thursday, 5. August 2010 12:14:56 David Nolden wrote:
> > Hi, I'm using the movingranges branche routinely now, and it works
> > very good. I haven't seen a crash for a long time, and also most bugs
> > seem to be sorted out.
> >
> > I think now would be the right time to merge the branch into the main
> > devel branch. Then we should stabilize it, and do a release within the
> > next months, so we have something that runs nicely with KDE 4.5. We
> > don't need to include the SOC branches at that point in the release if
> > they're not ready.
>
> I think I'll try it out myself again and see whether I spot any new issues.
> But since you fixed all my previous issues, I think it would be a good thing
> indeed.

Oh, as I'm still reading kde-packager and release-team ml's I'd like to let
you know that Distro's are not very likely to pick up 4.5.0 soon (except
maybe SuSE). There are some problems with the release (missing kdepim
release, problems due to that with translations, libraries doing bic
changes needing a complete re-build of all related apps) and some packagers
already expressed that they're going to let it mature a bit in some
'experimental' package repositories before pushing it even into the
'unstable' branches (or simply waiting with packaging until after their
vacation).

I don't want to tell you to hold off the merging for any longer, I just
wanted to let you know that you might not find that many testers in the
next 2-3 months (or so) than we had for 4.0...

You never know how many friends you have until you rent a house on the beach.