Compiling modified libkate with kdevelop 3.5

Antoine Calando acalando at free.fr
Mon Apr 26 15:31:23 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I am working with last svn versions from branch 3.5 of libkate and kdevelop.

I have done some little modifications in libkate, I overwrited my system libkatepart
library files with the new one, and when starting kdevelop, it was working
fine.

The problem is that, after I made bigger modifications in the kate API and tryied
to use the new files, kdevelop is crashing during the launch. Ok, it is because
it needs to be recompiled with this new kate API, but when I recompile it,
I always get this crash. I suppose it is still linking/including old libkate files.

My problem is that I cannot understand where is the link in kdevelop repository
with kate. I searched through makefiles, there is no place where kate is included
or linked, except "languages/cpp/app_templates/kateplugin", but I guess this is
not the right place.

My system is actually a big mess, with many different kdevelop and kate sources
and binaries more or less built and installed, so it is quite hard to understand
which are (and where are) the dependencies.

I would welcome any hint on how kdev 3.5 is using libkate.

Antoine