Release Announcement

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 19:15:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 09:59, Esben Mose Hansen <kde at mosehansen.dk> wrote:
> On Monday 19 April 2010 09:09:46 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> I'd like some input on the release announcement for 4.0. Obviously it
>> needs to be a bit more than just 'we've released 4.0, happy using'. What
>> do you think should be included (I'll try to make a fresh screenshot or
>> two), in particular which features should I describe in a bit more
>> detail? What are our strongest points compared to other C++ IDE's out
>> there?
>>

> Well, the DUchain and friends, really. Features such as (in no particular
> order):
>
> * Show all usages
> * Navigate to declarations/definitions
> * Rename variable and other refactorings
> * As-you-type syntax checking
> * Semiautomatic #include's and forward declarations
> * completion showing eligible functions, including types and documentation
> * integration with Qt documentation
> * completion prioritising type-matching arguments
> * automatic sync of function definitions and declarations
> * No-configuration direct opening of CMakeLists.txt and you are ready to go.
> * Create a class and have it semi-automatically added to a relevant target in
> your CMakeLists.txt

some more features (no particular order and not complete):
* automatic discover of include paths (cmake)
* gdb debugger with pretty printing for qt classes
* easy launching/debugging executables directly from the project view
* fully integrated svn (the annotation view is very nice)
* powerful code navigation features (Next Use, Previous Visited Context)
* framework for supporting other languages
* oh, and I heart from an php plugin :D
I can create screenshots, just ping me if you need one. (eg. for php)

Niko