KDevelop HiRes Icon / SVG

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Apr 20 15:53:36 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 5:43 PM, nuno <nuno at kdab.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 20 April 2010 15:36:48 Aleix Pol wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> > > Hey Nuno!
> > >
> > > Dunno if this is the "correct" way to contact you on this matter, but
> we
> > > from
> > > KDevelop would really appreciate it, if you could create a shiny HiRes
> > > icon for KDevelop. It seems as if there is none to be found anywhere,
> > > esp. not a SVG version.
> > >
> > > We are all pretty happy with the icon as is, but you can of course
> polish
> > > it
> > > to your likings. I'd personally be happy to get the current one in a
> good
> > > resolution, esp. as SVG so I can print it :) And for slides it would be
> > > really
> > > good to have a shiny icon on the first page :)
> > >
> > > Thanks, have a nice day
> > > --
> > > Milian Wolff
> > > mail at milianw.de
> > > http://milianw.de
> > >
> > > --
> >
> > +1
> > shouldn't we ask the oxygen team instead of nuno precisely? :P
>
> latly and as icon work goes its kinda the same thing.....
>
> unfurtunatly right now im stuck in frankfurtt couse of some icelandic fumes
> and mu work load is just piling up at home
>

> i can do you icon easy specialy if no redesign is needed ..... is mostly a
> mater of finding some free time ......and geting back home.....
>

> Do we have a dead line?

I think we don't want a fundamental redesign, just to make it up to date
(now it's kde3-ish instead of kde4-ish :).

The deadline would be beginning-of-may which is when we decided to release
IIRC, we're already delivering RC's. I'm not sure if it's too late to change
our artwork, but since it shouldn't be very different I think we can do it.
If you think it's too soon maybe we can delay our look change for 4.0.1 or
4.1.

Any ideas?
Aleix