extragear/sdk/kdevelop/app

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Apr 18 20:56:31 UTC 2010

On 18.04.10 22:22:37, David Nolden wrote:
> Since when are we in a code freeze, isn't it allowed to fix bugs any more?

Fixing bugs is ok as long as the changes aren't too big. There are
various bugs in bugzilla that would need major code-changes, those
things are not ok.

> Anyway, I said that we can revert this change.

Ok, will do that tomorrow.

> I'm just trying to find a solution for the shitty situation we're in.

The solution seems to be pretty clear: Accept that KDevelop4.0 with KDE4.5
won't be as stable as KDE4.4 or KDevelop4.1 with KDE 4.5. Accept that
we'll get bugreports and complaints and make sure that we communicate to
those running into the problems that the problem is being worked on.

> Am 18.04.2010 21:21 schrieb "Alexander Dymo" <alexander.dymo at gmail.com>:
>
> > Anyway, I'm tired of these discussions, I'll let you do whatever you
> > want and will do the same t...
> -1 for doing unstable changes 2 weeks before the release. David, we can
> easily
> have 4.0.1 with your changes. No matter how stable they are, it's a freeze.

I actually think thats not a good idea either. But well, thats something
to decide for the future maintainer to decide (or the team as whole).

You can rent this space for only $5 a week.