extragear/sdk/kdevelop/app

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Apr 18 16:48:22 UTC 2010

On 18.04.10 11:29:31, David Nolden wrote:
> The lock within notify only "locks" within the main thread (that's the
> expression within the parens), and since the lock is recursive, this cannot
> lead to a deadlock.

Just changed that to not use a global static (yet again). But my
question was not wether it can or can not, but wether you tested it? The
other thing is that the lock adds useless code which has 0 benefit over
the non-lock version unless you start adding code into the background
thread that uses it. And that must not happen for 4.0.0 (and IMHO also not
for 4.0.x)

> The release date is something we have to discuss separately.

Please do so and do it fast. Unless I have evidence otherwise I'll
follow the release plan and will release kdevelop4.0 on may 1st (without
the useless lock).

Be careful!  Is it classified?