extragear/sdk/kdevelop/app

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 18 09:29:31 UTC 2010

The lock within notify only "locks" within the main thread (that's the
expression within the parens), and since the lock is recursive, this cannot
lead to a deadlock.

The release date is something we have to discuss separately.

Greetings, david

Am 18.04.2010 10:51 schrieb "Andreas Pakulat" <apaku at gmx.de>:

On 17.04.10 18:52:19, David Nolden wrote:
> 2010/4/17 Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> > On 17.04.1...
Yes it does something, it added a lock in QApp::notify. Did you test nested
event loops? Did you test separate threads with their own event loops? Did
you test sending events to objects in the main thread.

> it just makes the lock available. It is true that I'm just now working on
> actually using it in ...
Because it doesn't get enough testing. We're not even 2 weeks away from the
release and you're adding completely new code. Thats a risk to our
stability. As I said, its totally fine if you (and others) value this
important enough to do it (including the duchain porting). But I'm stopping
my maintainership around May 1st, wether we release 4.0 at that point or
not.

You will be traveling and coming into a fortune.