Debug launches

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Apr 10 14:56:58 UTC 2010

On 10.04.10 11:45:52, Victor Vicente de Carvalho wrote:
> While working on kdevelop, I've found that changing between debug
> configurations can be pretty boring and non productive as I have to enter in
> a menu and a submenu to change it, and it can be pretty confusing when there
> are a lot of them. So, I was figuring if someone (could be me, given
> directions), on how to attach a hook on the project selection toolview,
> something like:
>
> * the user right clicks on a build option, and selects "configure lauches"

Right click on a build option?? What you can do already is right-click a
target in your project that is an executable target(for cmake at least)
and select "Debug As..". This will (AFAIK) re-use launch configurations
generated earlier when using this way.

Additionally for 4.1 we're planning to rework the debug/start stuff into
the direction of Eclipse. So there'd be a debug and run toolbar button
(and menu entry) which executes the last config, but also has a
drop-down to select a different config.

> * the launch window opens, and if the lauch doesn't exists, create one with
> the build name on it.
> * after closing the window, the user can mark that build item as the current
> active one (or a checkbox so we could launch as many as we want in the same
> time )

Having "current active" things is rather bad as it creates state in the
GUI and you easily end up with lots of them and lots of code managing
what should be done in which state.

> Profiting by the occasion, how I can configure kdevelop to work with dual
> monitors? The toolbox doesn't get floaty, so I'm kinda lost here.

This will hopefully be tackled for 4.1.

Your heart is pure, and your mind clear, and your soul devout.