Debug launches

Victor Vicente de Carvalho victor.v.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 14:45:52 UTC 2010

While working on kdevelop, I've found that changing between debug
configurations can be pretty boring and non productive as I have to enter in
a menu and a submenu to change it, and it can be pretty confusing when there
are a lot of them. So, I was figuring if someone (could be me, given
directions), on how to attach a hook on the project selection toolview,
something like:

* the user right clicks on a build option, and selects "configure lauches"
* the launch window opens, and if the lauch doesn't exists, create one with
the build name on it.
* after closing the window, the user can mark that build item as the current
active one (or a checkbox so we could launch as many as we want in the same
time )
* pressing the debug button/hotkey launches that build.

another option for the 1st item is to ad an editbox on launch configuration
window specifying what build item to "attach" to.

Profiting by the occasion, how I can configure kdevelop to work with dual
monitors? The toolbox doesn't get floaty, so I'm kinda lost here.

Thanks