GSOC -- Bug fixing

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 6 13:31:31 UTC 2010

2010/4/4 Olivier J. G. <olivier.jg at gmail.com>:
> While C++0x support specifically doesn't interest me too terribly...
> I'd certainly be interested in a few other areas of C++ support. What
> about signature assistant improvements, as we had discussed a few
> months back? Get a test structure in, finishing the function
> assistant, adding an assistant for declaration renaming, etc. Would
> that be reasonable? Is there anything else that you can think of in
> addition to that?
> Also, I try not to be to bothersome in my attempts at fixing, but are
> you able to mentor?
> Thanks,
> Olivier JG

Yes, the assistant architecture would also be an interesting subject.

Possible targets:
- Unit testing infrastructure for all assistants (some tests already
exist I think, see test_cppcodegen.cpp)
- Improve signature assistant (work with return values etc.)
- Automatic renaming assistant (when you rename a variable in the
code, offer to do a "refactoring" to rename it globally)
- Less intrusive assitant popups (allow collapsing the popup so it
only shows as a lightbulb on the icon border, or similar)
- Allow using assistants even when not in the same line, without being
annoying (interesting for the "create declaration" assistant)
- Some other interesting assistant ideas?
- General bugfixing in related areas of the C++ support

As I know that mentoring you wouldn't require too much effort, I'd be
willing to mentor you.

Greetings, David