NavigationContext "jump to declaration" not always suitable for script languages

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Sep 18 14:54:26 UTC 2009

Scripting languages often load some module, written e.g. in C or some other
non-scripting-language which then provides a bunch of classes, functions etc.

Now in PHP we have this, but still internal functions show, when hovered, a
"jump to declaration", because we offer our PHPInternalFunctions file.

I'd like to extend the AbstractDeclarationNavigationContext to handle this
case, and let the implementer decide whether to show the jump-to-xyz line or
something else.

I'd say a simple virtual function that creates the link by default would be
good. Then I could overwrite it and decide to show something different, e.g.

Decl.: PHP internal

May I do that?

--
Milian Wolff