Extreme display corruption

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Sep 14 11:20:55 UTC 2009

Nikos Chantziaras, 14.09.2009:
> Something in my system makes KDevelop unable to display anything, and
> when it does, widgets are simply flashing for a bit and then gone again.
>   I've tried versions from 3.9.93 to latest SVN.
>
> Basically, it looks like this:
>
>    http://imagebin.ca/view/3jS9RoVj.html
>
> During start-up, KDevelop spits these out:
>
>    WARNING: deleting stale lockfile /home/realnc/.kdevduchain/0/lock
>    <unknown program name>(19490)/ KDevelop::allocateRepository:
>    picked duchain directory "/home/realnc/.kdevduchain/0"
>    Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>    Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>    Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>    QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'GetNamespaceName-
>    35882640-2' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
>    QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'GetNamespaceName-
>    35882640-10' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
>    Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>    Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>    Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>    Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>    Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>    Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
>
> And then after loading, if I move the mouse and widgets start flashing
> in and out, tons of the following are shown:
>
>    X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
>      Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
>      Resource id:  0x380d5780
>    X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
>      Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
>      Resource id:  0x380d5780
>    X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
>      Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
>      Resource id:  0x380d5780
>    X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
>      Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
>      Resource id:  0x380d5780
>    QNativeImage: Unable to attach to shared memory segment.
>    X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
>      Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
>      Resource id:  0x3293020
>    X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
>      Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
>      Resource id:  0x3293020
>    X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
>      Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
>      Resource id:  0x3293020
>    QNativeImage: Unable to attach to shared memory segment.
>    X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
>      Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
>      Resource id:  0x0
>    QNativeImage: Unable to attach to shared memory segment.
>
> etc, etc, ad infinitum.
>
> Any hints on how to track this down?  No other application (KDE or not)
> has this problem.

What Qt version do you use? What graphic driver? Does the problem persist with
window effects on/off?

What happens if you start another application with the `--graphicssystem
raster` parameter - does that also mess up things?

Other than that, I really doubt this is anything we in KDevelop mess up. More
looks like a driver problem.
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de