Improving tabbar context menus

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Sep 12 19:22:16 UTC 2009

On 12.09.09 13:15:22, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-09-12 at 08:35 +0200, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Agree. It forced me to do some complicated and ugly things regarding working
> > > set integration..
> >
> > I know Alex won't like this, but how about we move things from sublime
> > to either interfaces - in case its used by plugins, this should be just
> > some signals I guess that move from Sublime::Controller to UIController
> > and maybe a new MainWindow interface in interfaces - and shell as
> > apropriate?
>
> If I'm understanding correctly, I'd love this. One of the things I'd
> want as a potential KDevPlatform user is the ability to customize my
> mainwindow and not be "stuck" (so to speak) with various UI elements
> that KDevelop has.

Hmm, not sure you're understanding things correctly. Lets say you'd like
to use QDockWidget "in the normal way" (as opposed to how kdevelop uses
it), then you'd still have to fork shell/ and replace the bits and
pieces needed to do the above. This is not different right now, except
that you'd need to fork sublime. We can of course over time provide
certain hooks for customization, but I'm not sure how far that can go.

Future looks spotty.  You will spill soup in late evening.